Sunday, October 21, 2007

I've been tagged by Triple L to share 7 facts about myself!

Here are the rules which you must abide by if you are tagged.

1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.
3. Tag 3 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

Seven random facts about me:

1. I have the taste buds of a 4-year-old. Foods that most people would find bland (like macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes and pizza) I find tasty. But please don't give me anything sour or bitter. I'm a strictly sweet and salty gal. Chocolate covered peanuts - MMMMMMM.

2. I'm a pushover for needlework gadgets. Have you invented a device for loading tatting bobbins or for knitting under water? A small handheld loom of any kind? A pom-pom maker? I've purchased (almost) all these things.

3. I bought my first Macintosh computer in 1984 shortly after they came out and the Mac has been my home computer since then although I happily used PCs too at work. Also old Tandy computers, Sinclairs, KayPros, and any other computer I could find to play with. After a hard day at work I once left a Tandy portable on top of my car and drove off. Never saw it again.

4. Back in the 60s I was moved by John Kennedy's "ask not what your country can do for you" speech, joined the Peace Corps and spent two years working in Chile.

5. I lost my beloved Russian Blue cat a few years back and would love to befriend another of that breed some day.

6. I am working on a blog for collectors (like myself) of fiber crafts books.

7. I love to listen to audio books and have the whole Harry Potter series on CD narrated by the wonderful Jim Dale.

Ok, I don't have any close friends who blog, so I'm tagging three of my fellow fellow blogges participating in the Square Deal Weave-a-Long. Hope you guys don't mind!

Tracy at the Stringativity blog.

Sarah B. at Mostly Knitting blog.

Nancy of the Spin Up a Dream blog.

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Isn't this a fun way to get to know people? I am also a die hard Mac user who can run a PC very well! Craft/needlework gadgets... hmmm... some of min are still in the original packaging, but they're so cool! A blog about craft books... I could do that!

eLoomanator said...

Hey Jan, let us know when you launch the fiber craft book blog. I'm there! Are you on LT? What's your handle?