Sunday, October 07, 2007



Foot the Bill Socks

I like to wear those low cut socks sometimes called "footsies" with walking/jogging shoes so I jumped at the chance to try Patternworks footsie pattern available for free when you purchase Tofutsies sock yarn. Tofutsies is a blend of 50% superwash wool, 25% Soysilk brand fiber, 22 1/2% cotton and 2 1/2% chitin. What is chitin, you ask? According to Patternsworks, it is a substance extracted from the shells of shrimp and crabs and is an anti-microbial used in the medical field to treat wounds. You couldn't prove it by me, but it IS fun to knit with and the resulting sock is very soft.

I bought color 737 and found that after knitting the first pair I had lots left to start another. Just in case I might run out, though, I'm using solid black and beige in the second pair and just making the color pattern up as I go along.

No comments: